6.27.2017

I finally got my website, KirkTuck.com, up and working. Endless tweaks and additions to come...


I wanted to update my site for a while and when a project got cancelled I finally got the time I needed to dive in and work on it. My old site didn't have any video samples on it but half our income in the last year has come from shooting and editing video so I wanted to remedy that gaping hole in my marketing. 

I used a program for Apple Computers called, Sparkle, to do the design and production work. I still need to work on sorting out the photo galleries a bit but I'm now distracted by some scriptwriting that's calling my name. I'll keep tweaking but I wanted you to see how everything turned out...

KirkTuck.com




9 comments:

Michael Matthews said...

Looks great. The size and style of the thumbnail row beneath the ever-changing slideshow of portraits is much better now for iPad viewing. It permits the "Wait a minute -- go back two shots" response and reaction.

Unknown said...

Russia is not included in Europe?

Kirk, Photographer/Writer said...

Not in my mind. Eastern Europe stops at the far edge of the Ukraine.

JereK said...

Seems the site is down as it says dns error and will not show it?

Kirk, Photographer/Writer said...

Thanks JereK but it seems to be up and running. On my phone, laptop and desktop. Might have hit it during one of the (too) many ongoing updates?

JereK said...

Now its working. Probably just my bad luck.

The site seems great, works fast. Excellent se of images as well.

Kirk, Photographer/Writer said...

Thanks for letting me know. I appreciate it. And, JereK, thanks for the nice review!

Anonymous said...

Friendly advice - leave it to professionals. There are reasons why people pay you for a portrait shots instead of giving well spec'ed camera to a random stranger. Similar reason apply in case of your website and this is equally visible. For the records - I'm not creating web pages.

Kirk, Photographer/Writer said...

Hmmm. Naw. Not taking advice today. Too busy responding to the request for bid from an Austin ad agency that just responded to the new website. But I'll probably hold off on designing my own car...